I’m going through the baby bumps of starting my own business. Yet, I know that what I’m doing is the right thing in the long run… because living off a government job is not the way I’m going to achieve success and happiness in this life. We’ve all been programmed that good benefits and pension are the way towards freedom but at the same time, in my experience I’ve never felt more insecure than working a union dayjob. Everyone’s always fearing layoffs and by nature a large organization is full of politics.
I don’t need that kind of insignificant stress and negativity. Life’s too short.
Cut out everything that isn’t serving you in your life.
But anyways now that I’ve been working on my online business and website- trying to grow an email list and audience, learn about marketing, learn about the technical aspects of web-development and still maintain some semblance of a content creation schedule, it can be overwhelming to say the least.
Another mental ordeal I struggle with is that, I’ve gone back into old habits of doubt, fear and worry about finances. In my first month of launching a new website there were inherently a lot of … Read the rest
Any entrepreneur can become an infopreneur as it depends on one’s skills. Many infopreneurs make use of their skills while outsourcing those tasks he is not good at.
There are certain differences between entrepreneurs and infopreneurs when it comes to running the business. The opportunities online obviously differs from entrepreneurs who takes risk of ownership of the business through management proficiency. Infopreneurs take maximum advantage of market practices and are considered to be accommodating massive number of customers compared to entrepreneurs. The reason lies in having access to numerous platforms online where infopreneurs meet more customers than in case of brick and mortar businesses run by entrepreneurs.
However, both entrepreneurs and infopreneurs require similar fundamental qualities of risk taking, determination and confidence. Even the goals are similar as that of any other business, which is, generating higher revenues and continuously incorporate novel ideas.
There is a gradual move seen from entrepreneurship to infopreneurship because of less capital required in this domain. Intellectual capital is considered necessary for innovation and creativity to make full use of technological advancements. Time and energy is not wasted to hire employees unless the work is outsourced and one does not have any established contacts. The … Read the rest
- The Founder’s Dilemmas: Anticipating & avoiding the pitfalls that can sink a Startup by Noam Wasserman
Noam Wasserman teaches a class called ‘Founder’s Dilemmas’ at Harvard Business School. This book is the culmination of Noam’s actual research and that class. He mainly focuses on the key dilemmas that a startup founder will face when starting a company. All the information related to founder dynamics, solo founders, optimal number of founders and their roles and relationships, equity allocations between founders is covered in the book.
- The Lean Startup: How Today’s Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Business by Eric Reis
Eric Reis talks about the lean startup approach that is being adopted across the globe, changing the way companies are built and new products are launched. It fosters companies that are not only capital efficient but also focus human creativity more effectively. The book also highlights the current trend toward quick, low-cost startups that prefer action over research. The impressive insights that Reis provides can be applied to any startup, making this book a must read for all promising entrepreneurs.
- Peter Principle: Why Things Always Go Wrong by Laurence J. Peter and Raymond Hull
This book contains made-up stories … Read the rest
Typically all small business’s need General Liability insurance. As the name states, it will provide standard coverage for your premises and operations. It is up to you what your limits should be, but they should be ample enough to protect you in the worst case scenario. Most businesses will need to go beyond a general policy and get some form of specialty insurance which is specific to their industry. Listed here are some of the available types of insurance:
- E-commerce – Insures against any loss incurred due to internet intrusions such as hacking for customers personal information.
- Auto – This is very important if your business owns or utilizes any type of vehicle. It is separate from the General Liability policy.
- Workers Compensation – If your employee gets injured on the job you will be covered. Some businesses are required by law to have Workers Compensation coverage depending on the number of employees they have. This varies by state so make sure you check with your state government.
- Errors and Omissions – Anyone who gives advice or performs a professional service needs this coverage.
- Umbrella – Gives you excess coverage over and above your General Liability Policy. It does not
… Read the rest
Success in business is a matter of learning and mastering certain skills. Here are some tips that can help you succeed:
- Learn to Delegate – Successful managers know when and how to delegate tasks to others. One of the most important skills that set a manager apart is that they are willing and able to delegate tasks to their employees. When a manager delegates he can operate more efficiently as well as deliver results on a timely manner.
- Constantly Improve Your Business Processes – There is always something new to learn and there is also always something that can be done better. Improvement is fundamental for success in business. Look for those opportunities to improve and create your own success.
- Separate Personal Life From Business Life – No matter what is going on in your personal life, leave the problems at home but also leave the office matters at work. It is very important not to stress out at work with situations and problems with friends or relatives, this will prevent your from being successful.
- Know and Correct Your Weaknesses – Being successful means being able to identify and correct weaknesses. Successful business people are not afraid to recognize their
… Read the rest
In my quest to create flow in my relationship I would often cave in to what my mate wanted, even if it went against my own values.
Of course, it wasn’t obvious to me when I was in the middle of carrying out that disempowering practice. Once I had the awareness, I was able to course-correct pretty quickly and I experience true peace and empowerment at the same time.
I’m convinced that entrepreneurs practice a similar negative habit with profit attraction…
- You hustle your buns learning marketing strategies, how to perfect your craft, and networking.
- You take a stab at implementing what you learn.
- You make some progress but it doesn’t feel like you’re reaping the benefits in your bank account. You also feel a little stressed and overwhelmed.
You’re doing what you perceive to be profitable actions but your own Inner Business Expert is being ignored.
Your Inner Business Expert guides you to choices in your business that will be most inspiring, streamlined and supportive of your highest values.
You can take any business model and turn it into a profit-producing machine if you resist going against the core of who you are.
For instance, I used to … Read the rest
Availing Of The Grant
For availing yourself of the grant, you must provide the funding agency with an elaborate and accurate written proposal, which justifies and states your goals and puts forward your plan and a more or less accurate idea of the kind of money you need for your activities. If you are awarded a grant you have to keep updating the government about your regular progress, and send the program evaluation or the financial status reports to the government agencies.
These days there are plenty of fraud cases, where people are made fools. You might have seen certain advertisements doing the rounds about ‘free money’ available just for an application. Such hoaxes should be avoided. If you are qualified for a grant, you have to be prepared to work hard to earn it amidst stiff competition. You could also hire a professional to help you for professional advice about how to go about obtaining the grant.
Applying For Grants Within A Time Frame
Applicants should be aware that not all government grants are available throughout the year. This means that there is a specific time period, rather time frame, within which you are supposed to apply for such … Read the rest